Someone is actually reading my blog! was my next thought.
I couldn’t be more honored to have been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Although there are days when (almost) no one reads what I post, I’m thrilled to think that at least one person has been reading and has gotten something out of what I’ve written. That’s what I’m here for, anyway!
Here’s what I’m supposed to do:
- Display this award logo somewhere on my blog. (check)
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated me. (check)
- Share 7 things about myself. (see below)
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award, and link to their blogs. (see below)
- Notify those bloggers that they’ve been awarded, and of the award’s requirements.
Seven (Random) Things About Me…
- I started blogging with Sharing Closet Space in February 2011.
neverhardly ever do dishes or laundry–my husband does it all.
- I have a Bichi-Poo and a Yorkie named Deliliah and Nora (respectively).
- I taught Yoga-lates, Boot Camp, and a BLT (Buns, Legs, and Tummies) class in college.
- My favorite food is pizza–preferably Canadian Bacon & pineapple on a thin wheat crust.
- When I’ve had a long day, Gilmore Girls and a glass of red wine is my favorite way to unwind.
- I am a handbell ringer–I ring in my church choir, direct a middle school choir, and even attend a week-long camp every summer.
Fifteen Inspirational Bloggers (in no particular order)…
- Stuft Mama – She’s a fitness instructor writing daily about workouts and recipes. She lives by the 80/20 rule, which fits perfectly with the Fit Butt Fabulous ideology. Oh, and she works out regularly with Bob Harper.
- Healthy Tipping Point – Fitness tips, recipes, and details from her life as a (very new!) mom give this blogger a genuine feel.
- Peanut Butter Fingers – Writer of the 1000 Rep workoutand the Incline Treadmill Workout that both kicked my butt this week.
- Fit Bottomed Girls – Updated multiple times a day, this team of bloggers brings fitness news from all over the Internet together into one place.
- The Scrumptious Pumpkin – Lots of great recipes!
- Eat Yourself Skinny – Recipes, recipes, recipes.
- Will Run for Glitter – The New York skyline in the background of her daily running photos make my suburban neighborhood runs seem a little uninspiring. But her pure honesty make this 20-something runner a great blogger.
- Chocolate-Covered Katie – What’s not to like about healthy desserts?
- Skinny Taste – More recipes
- Eating Bender – A blogger on a “lifelong healthy eating spree”.
- Andrea Leber – She doesn’t post often, but when she does, her thoughts on Yoga are insightful and inspiring.
- Espresso and Cream – My favorite thing about this blog is her No Fat Talk Tuesday, where guest posters share their stories about overcoming body image issues, and living a healthy lifestyle.
- iHeart Organizing – Not a fitness blog! But I love all the great organization and decorating ideas on this blog.
- Bower Power – Also a “big, powerful” blog, but I feel like Katie Bower and I have such similar tastes in decorating (the thing is, she follows through with hers, whereas I just dream about mine). She is also a photographer, and I enjoy her tips on using a DSLR as well.
- Smart Pretty and Awkward – A fun read. Every post has a tip for how to be smarter, prettier, and less awkward.
Welp, that’s it, folks. Along with the nomination came a new look for my blog. I didn’t like how on my last theme, you couldn’t subscribe or search from the main page. Hopefully this format will be a little more reader-friendly.
Remember, if you HAVEN’T subscribed, you can either enter your email address in the top right corner to have posts sent directly to your inbox, or click on the pink RSS – Posts button to add my blog to whatever reader you use.