I’ve been sharing my angst, recently, about feeling unmotivated at the gym. So I wanted to share with you one of the strategies I use to get out of a workout slump: finding new workouts. Between fitness blogs, Pinterest, and fitness magazines, there are an infinite number of pre-made workouts at our disposal at all times. If you’re feeling a little antsy with your current routine, and want a way (or two, or ten) to switch it up, here are some ideas:
- Fit & Fabulous - This is my Pinterest board where I collect workouts, motivational quotes, etc. Some of my recent favorite are: the 5-4-3-2-1 Workout, 300 Abs, the GNC Lean Legs Workout–Tabata Style.
- Peanut Butter Fingers - I know I’ve talked about her blog a lot, but seriously, Julie write some great workouts. I especially love her circuit workouts that keep the heart rate up while adding in strength moves, as well. Some of my favorites include the Super Sweaty Ab Workout, the 1000 Rep Workout, and the No Nonsense Workout.
- Shape Magazine – I subscribe to the magazine, but I also peruse their website for workouts and ideas.
- Fitness Magazine – Ditto for Fitness.
- Women’s Health Magazine - And Women’s Health.
Oh, and since that fall chill is still making me super excited, I thought I’d share this healthy makeover for a Pumpkin Spice Frappucino from Chocolate-Covered Katie.